Active Directory Integration 2.0

Active Directory Integration 2.0

There haven´t been many changes to ADI in the past. Mainly bug fixes and necessary adjustments were done. But now, it´s time for a change!

Multisite Network Support

For a while now, people have kept asking me when ADI will be supporting Multisite Networks. I have always liked that idea and therefore this feature has been on my To-Do list for a long time. But I did want to do it right, so let´s not take half-measures.

A new Team behind ADI 2.0

To be able to properly implement Multisite Network Support a lot of effort is required and the existing code has aged making it poorly maintainable. Therefore I have decided, not to develop and maintain ADI on my own anymore. Together with my colleges from the NeosIT GmbH we are bringing ADI with version 2.0 to a whole new level. In the past months ADI was completely rewritten and is currently in a pre-alpha-stage.

If you would like to know more about ADI 2.0, feel free to read Schakkos blog post where he is talking about a few of the new features.

How will ADI continue?

We do not want to keep it a secret. So here is a schedule for the next few weeks:

  • 07.04.2016: Release of an ADI alpha version on Github
  • 11.04.2016: Further information on our website neos-it.de
  • 12.04.2016: Announcement in the WordPress-Forum
  • 13.05.2016: Microsite going online
  • 17.05.2016: ADI 2.0 release on WordPress.org

During this time, development will continue and we will be testing, testing and testing.

SOLVED: WLAN-Schwäche beim Acer 5739

Gestern haben wir ein neues Notebook in die Familie Steindorff integriert. Ein Acer 5739 hat den Weg in unsere Hallen gefunden und sollte nun auch im WLAN aktiv dabei sein und in der Gegend rumfunken dürfen. Aber da lag das Problem: es klappte nur in unmittelbare Nähe zur Antenne des WLAN-Routers. Sobald man sich in mehr als drei Metern Entfernung befand, war Schluss. Die Verbindung brach zusammen und ein erneutes Verbinden aus dieser Entfernung war nicht möglich. Das verblüffende dabei ist, dass das Funknetz korrekt erkannt wird und auch eine “gute” Signalstärke angezeigt wurde. Doch das Verbinden ging in die Hose. Nachdem ich alles mögliche, von neuen Treibern, über Kanaleinstellungen, bis hin zum Durchforsten des Notebooks nach störender Software probiert habe, bin ich im Acer Userforum auf die Lösung gestoßen. Am WLAN-Modul (Intel WiFi 5100) mussten nur die beiden Antennenkabel vertauscht werden. Nachdem ich das Gehäuse vorsichtig geöffnet, die winzigen Käbelchen gelöst und dann vertauscht hatte, lief das WLAN wie eine Eins.

Diese Lösung hat mich verblüfft und ich würde gerne wissen, warum das etwas gebracht hat. Vielleicht hat ja jemand eine Idee. Auf jeden Fall muss Acer seine Qualitätskontrolle verbessern, denn wie das Userforum zeigt, bin ich nicht der einzige, der dieses Problem hatte.